Our little V is two!
I had so much planned for this blog to celebrate her birthday and well life happened.
Nursing school is kicking my butt and I’m not even the one in it!
Between my full-time work schedule, his part-time work schedule and full-time nursing school I am riding non-stop on the struggle bus.
This is the fourth post I’ve started for this week. Fourth! The first was one I’ve been working on for a long time and while it’s basically done, I’m not happy with it so it’s back to the drawing board. The second was one that came to me and I had to start before it completely faded, but I didn’t get further than the initial thought. The third was one I was so passionate about but then V woke up and by the time I got her back to sleep the passion was gone and with a “meh” it landed squarely in my drafts box.
So I decided to kick myself back into a productive writing mode, I’d do something fun and simple. In honor of our little V turning 2, here are 24 things I said or thought I’d never do as a mom but totally already have. Let’s chat in the comments or over on Facebook about what you’d add to the list!
- Giggle incessantly at baby farts
- Put my child in my old clothes
- Sleep with my child
- Breastfeed a one-year-old
- Breastfeed a two-year-old
- Shave my legs while showering with a toddler
- Say “please stop licking my breast” multiple times a day
- Stick my hand down a diaper to check for #2
- Nurse a baby doll (and a giraffe, teddy bear and Winnie the Pooh)
- Nurse in public without a cover
- Nurse in church without a cover
- Nurse a sleeping newborn through a Notre Dame football game with a room full of very enthusiastic Italian Catholics
- Tell a doctor “no”
- Willingly plan an ice cream sundae bar for a birthday party
- Make my own butt balm
- Let my child play with plastic toys (lol!)
- Become my mother
- Use TV as a babysitter
- Miss watching a kid’s show when V is asleep
- Talk openly about bodily fluids with people who aren’t my bff: boobs leaking, consistency of baby poops, etc.
- Talk about my child constantly
- Feed my child fast food
- Be totally okay with only showering once a week
Let my child change me